How do I install StatCounter using Blogger / Blogspot?
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter and follow the steps to create your first project and generate your StatCounter code.
- If prompted, make sure to choose Blogger from the list of Installation Guides. Please watch this short video guide for an over view of the installation.
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Login to your blogger account (opens in new window).
- Click the drop down arrow to the right of the blog name (to the left of the View Blog button.)
- Click 'Layout'.
- Click the "Add a Gadget" link where you want to add the code (at the bottom is best)
- Enter 'StatCounter' in the title box.
- Paste the code in the content box.
- Click 'save'.
- Click 'Save arrangement' in the upper right hand corner.
- Click 'Template' (or Theme) in the left menu.
- Click 'Edit HTML' in the left menu.
- Search for 'StatCounter' in the code
- Add mobile='yes' before 'StatCounter'.
- Click 'Save template'
- Click 'Template' in the left menu.
- Click the gear icon to customise the mobile template.
- Click the drop down arrow below where it says "Choose mobile template".
- Click 'Custom' from the list.
- Click 'Save'.
StatCounter is now active on your blog and will immediately begin recording visitor information.
These instructions have been compiled and verified: August 2014
Thanks for your feedback!